February 19, 2020 8:00 AM
House Office Building, 6 Bladen Street, Rooms 170 + 180, Annapolis, MD 21401
2016 Annual Sponsors
Thank you to our Sponsors!
AGM Financial Services
Gallagher, Evelius & Jones
Howard County Housing
Osprey Property Company
Quantum RE Management
CL McCoy Framing
Conifer LeChase Construction
Delaware Valley Development Corp.
Green Street Housing
Grimm & Parker
Housing Trust of America
Hudson Housing Capital
Marks Thomas Architects
Natnl Fdn for Affordable Housing Solutions
Novogradac & Company
Real Property Research Group
Red Stone Equity Partners
Woori America Bank
AHC of Greater Baltimore
ARC of the Central Chesapeake Region
HOC of Montgomery County
Interfaith Housing Alliance
Mission First Housing
Volunteers of America
2017 Board of Directors
Ivy Dench-Carter, President
Peter Siegel, Vice President
Jonette Hahn, Treasurer
Jessica Zuniga, Secretary
Chickie Grayson, Ex Officio
Dave Raderman, Of Counsel
Welcome New MAHC Members
- Asian-American Homeownership Counseling
- A Step Forward
- C.A.R.E Property Services
- Devere Insulation
- Gorfine, Schiller & Gardyn, P.A.
- Hagerstown Housing Authority
- Lancaster Pollard
- Morgan Keller Construction
- TD Bank
- Betsy Amey, Bridge Maryland
- Ayodeji Badaki, Housing Authority of Washington County
- Terry Green, Triad Housing Corp.
- Julia Pierson, Cloudburst Consulting
- Richard McRae, Consultant
- Jeff Ratnow, Sight in Site, LLC
DHCD Public Hearing on the QAP
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
6:00 - 8:00 pm
7800 Harkins Road, Lanham, MD 20706
To view the notice and final draft of the QAP go HERE
Upcoming Brown Bag Lunch Events
The brown bag lunch series continues on July 28, 2016. We will meet in Columbia to talk about developing siting and barriers to developing in Communities of Opportunity. We'll also hear about a local advocacy group's new marketing campaign to change perceptions about affordable housing. On August 4, 2016 we're holding a special session at DHCD Headquarters in Lanham to review the changes to the LIHTC Application for the Fall 2016 Round. On September 14, 2016 there will be a Bond Training 101 session for staff that are new to the affordable housing development industry and interested in learning more about bond financing. That will be followed up with a 201 advanced course coming in October. Go to our CALENDAR PAGE to register for any of our upcoming events.
SAVE THE DATE:
MAHC ANNUAL MEETING
OCTOBER 19, 2016
RENAISSANCE BALTIMORE HARBORPLACE HOTEL
Keynote Speaker: Bob Moss
CohnReznick National Director of Governmental Affairs
What's Going on at Maryland DHCD
- DHCD has issued the final draft of the QAP and Guide for 2016. Comments are due by July 26, 2016, and they plan to hold a final Public Hearing at their Headquarters in Lanham on July 27, 2016 at 6:00 pm. To view the draft QAP, Guide, and all other documents released by DHCD go HERE.
- DHCD has issued an RFP for proposals to receive an allocation of Project Based HUD Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) Vouchers. One proposal will be selected for submission to HUD for submission as part of a national competition. Proposals are due by August 22, 2016 at 4:30pm. View the application HERE.
- The Maryland Affordable Housing Trust has announced the Round 40 grant competition is now open. Applications are available on their website and are due on August 31, 2016. Go HERE for more information.
- DHCD recently announced the FY 2017 Application Round for Project C.O.R.E. Funding is now open and will fund projects that eliminate blight and spur development in Baltimore City. Awards will be prioritized for projects that will have a strong positive economic and revitalization impact. In addition, projects that can be completed quickly and with relative certainty of achieving the project-specific goals will receive preferences in scoring. Applications are due August 19, 2016, at 3 p.m. For more information go HERE.
- DHCD recently published two funding announcements. The first is for $3.7 Million, available for the installation of energy conservation measures in multifamily buildings in BGE territories where at least 80% of tenants earn 60% AMI or below. Priority will be given to master metered buildings and work must be completed by April 30, 2017. Go HERE to review the announcement. Also, $250,000 is available for builder operator training, which also must be for properties in BGE service areas and completed by April 30, 2017. Go HERE to review the announcement.
- DHCD has issued a NOFA for Project Based Rental Assistance open to existing non-age restricted properties in their portfolio that want to provide additional units for persons with disabilities. More details HERE.
Other Housing Industry News
The Baltimore Metropolitan Council (BMC) has issued an RFP for qualified developers to apply for affordable housing subsidies for new construction or substantial rehabilitation of an existing property through a new Regional Project Based Voucher Program. BMC will host a pre-bid meeting on August 16, 2016 at 9:30am and proposals are due by September 23, 2016. To view the RFP go HERE.
CohnReznick is holding their Fall Affordable Housing Conference at the Ritz-Carlton in Philadelphia on September 20-21, 2016. Go HERE for more information or to register.
The National Low Income Housing Coalition recently released their annual "Out of Reach" Report which shows that Maryland is the 5th most expensive state in the country to live in. A Marylander has to earn $26.53 per hour (working 40 hours per week) to afford the Fair Market Rent for a two-bedroom apartment. Go HERE to read the full report.
Baltimore County has entered into a Conciliation Agreement with HUD and will provide $30 Million over the next 10 years to create 1,000 new affordable housing units in designated areas of the County. In addition, they will create a Mobility Counseling Program and Mobility Assistance Fund to assist families with locating expanded housing opportunities. To read more about the agreement, activities they plan to undertake, and view the map of areas designated for new housing units, visit their site HERE.
Be sure to check MAHC's Job Posting Board HERE. Send jobs you would like posted to Miranda Darden-Willems.